Arizona family law courts refer to child visitation as “parenting time”. Parenting time can be ordered to be shared equally, or sometimes one parent is awarded the majority of the parenting time.
Parenting time can take a variety of schedules or forms. The right of a non-custodial parent to spend time with his/her children is a critical legal arrangement. Seeking representation from our Arizona family law attorney will ensure that you have the protection and advocacy that you need in order to safeguard your family and to establish visitation that is the best interest of the children.
Consult with an attorney about the different options regarding child custody and parenting time. These options focus on the child’s best interests, and our attorneys can assist you in a “Parenting Plan Agreement” that will cover all necessary terms.
If parenting time has already been established, but needs to be modified due to changes in the needs of the children and circumstances, an agreement reflecting changes will need to be established and approved by the court. Again, our attorneys will make sure that the plan will include all the necessary legal information.
When deciding the best interests of the children, Arizona has statutes that specify factors that the Court addresses. Some of these factors include:
- What the children want and why (as fitting for age and maturity of the child)
- Physical and mental health of each parent and children
- How the children get along with each parent
- Problems parents may have that would affect the child’s best interest (ex: drug or alcohol use, physical abuse, criminal history…)
- Appropriate discipline and reinforcement by each parent
- Recommendations to consider by experts such as mental health providers, if any involvement
- Events in either household that may endanger the child
- Alienating or inappropriate behaviors by a parent
- Willingness of a parent to work well with with parenting time issues
Personalized, Professional Family Law Counsel in Arizona (480) 550-8626
Our legal team of professional Arizona Family Law Attorneys, paralegals, and law support staff work together for a common goal of responding quickly to the needs of our clients. We also understand the urgency of a family crisis, and we will discuss with you your issue and offer you counsel, representation, and options to best suit your situation.
Schedule your FREE consultation with an Arizona Family Law Attorney today. Our firm offers unbeatable pricing and payment options, convenient office locations, and flexible scheduling.
Parenting Time and Parent Relocation
Parents wanting to relocate is cause for some significant legal decision making regarding parenting time and/or child support issues. Therefore, consult with our family law attorney to understand the Arizona law concerning one parent moving. Relocation disrupts the existing parenting time contract; which generally entitles both parents to reasonable visitation time to make sure the child has frequent contact with both parents. Moving out of state with the children presents a very difficult problem: a court will need to establish if the move is in the best interest of the children.